Negotiation Skills Workshop
Get what you need – and preserve your vital relationships with suppliers and colleagues
You'll be using a method used by top negotiators around the world - and preserving your vital relationships with your contractors, business partners, suppliers or community.
What makes Skillset's approach different?
- Serious training, not passive seminars
- In-house training designed for you (Be very wary of off-the-shelf negotiation skills training)
- A proven method of negotiation (It's used around the world.)
- Relevant scenarios
- A highly-experienced trainer, very familiar with the needs of large organisations and their negotiations
- We make training challenging and fun
What could we include?
To teach the method we normally include:
- the difference between bargaining and collaborating in negotiation
- how to prepare more effectively for a negotiation (Whether it’s a long-standing community issue or a financially-driven tender process, we can show you how to get better results)
- how to negotiate within tight parameters using BATNAs, WATNAs and ZOPAs to evaluate potential options
- how to do simple one-off negotiations and complex multiple-party, multiple-issue negotiations with confidence and integrity
- advanced listening and questioning techniques to help build rapport and and trust
- psychological, cultural and social motivators so you can work with people instead of arguing over the issues
- how to tie down an agreement, check its long-term sustainability, and ensure that the terms are unambiguous
- how to respond effectively to the tricks that adversarial negotiators like to play
- how to use your new communication and negotiation skills to build and improve your relationships with clients, suppliers, family, friends and colleagues.