Train the Trainer Workshop
Transform dull presentations into lively workshops that develop real skills and lasting knowledge
A confidence-builder for subject matter experts, beginners and experienced trainers who want to refresh their skills
What makes Skillset's training for trainers different?
- Some of the most experienced trainers in New Zealand. We have trained in five countries - four of them regularly
- Real training, not passive seminars (We want to build skills and model effective training.)
- Plenty of opportunities to try new ideas
- Individual feedback
- A new focus to training – methods, not just tips
- We'll show your trainers how to make learning memorable – and fun
Now, the big differences...
1. We offer you a huge range of experience. That range is even more important than the number of workshops we've led.
We've trained people to teach warehouse and factory processes. We've helped team leaders use their training skills to implement new IT systems. We've helped subject matter experts explain complex legal and economic issues. We've trained trainers in New Zealand and the Middle East.
2. We are up-to-date. Research has revealed many popular myths about learning - like matching learning styles and left-brain-right-brain thinking. Let's focus instead on how humans really learn and remember.
3. We'll help your trainers link their training to your organisation's objectives.
What can we cover in this workshop?
It’s your workshop, so we’ll design it to meet your needs.
A few suggestions
- create a positive learning environment
- motivate learners - even reluctant participants
- give effective feedback
- use what the research reveals about the way adults learn
- engage your learners
- persuade learners to change their behaviours and thinking
- lead effective ways of generating new ideas
- gauge how well the participants have learned the key ideas and skills.